Blackhawk School District
500 Blackhawk Road
Beaver Falls, PA 15010
Telephone: (724) 846-6600
Our district is located in the northwestern part of Beaver County, Pennsylvania. It encompasses the communities of Chippewa Township, Darlington Borough, Darlington Township, Enon Valley Borough, (Lawrence County), Patterson Heights, Patterson Township, South Beaver Township and West Mayfield Borough. Over 17,000 people live in the 65 square miles of the district.
Blackhawk School District is suburban and rural in nature. It is located close to the Pennsylvania Turnpike (Exit 1A and Exit 2) and the Beaver Valley Expressway (Route 376) which is a direct route to the Pittsburgh International Airport and the city of Pittsburgh. Because Beaver County is situated between Pittsburgh and Youngstown, Ohio, county residents can easily avail themselves of the cultural opportunities found in larger cities, while residing in a small community atmosphere.
Within the District's boundaries are numerous retail shops, banks, restaurants, medical professionals, places of worship, and just 11 miles to the south is Beaver Valley Mall which houses additional retail stores and dining locations. Blackhawk is also a safe District to reside in with stellar local police departments and fire departments on call at all times.
When it comes to educational opportunities, Blackhawk is a leader. Blackhawk offers exceptional programs and services to students including:
Blackhawk also leads the pack with a large athletic program. Blackhawk boasts a total of 38 teams for boys and girls in grades 7-12. Blackhawk Cougar athletes are always in the spotlight, capturing 155 sectional titles, 31 WPIAL (regional) titles, and 7 PIAA (state) championships.
- Programs for Academically Gifted
- Active Parent Teacher Organization (PTO)
- Special Education Programs and Services
- Life Skills and Autistic Support Programming
- Instructional Support Services
- School Psychological Services
- Continuous Staff Professional Development Program
- Music Academy Course Offerings Grades 9-12
- Extracurricular Activities for Students Grades 6-12
- Olweus Bullying Prevention Program Grades K-12
- Computer, Art, Music, & Physical Education Programs
- Student Health Services
- Computer Labs
- Technologically Rich Classrooms
- Exploratory Middle School Programs
- Field Trip Opportunities
- Pre-K Programs
- Over 15 AP Courses
- Transportation Services
- Cafeteria Services
- Counseling Services
For more details about Blackhawk, contact the District Office at 724-846-6600.
Facilities include: 2 primary schools (K-2)
1 intermediate school (3-4)
1 middle school (5-8)
1 high school (9-12)