Starting in the 2021-2022 school year, student iPads will have their Internet usage filtered and monitored regardless of location or connection. The filtering and monitoring setup on the iPads are not intended to take the place of supervising students during the use of district issued technology at home.
The links below can be used as a resource for families to establish technology rules and expectations while at home.
- ConnectSafely.org - non-profit organization that provides research-based safety news, tips, and advice on tech usage.
- Family Online Safety Institute - non-profit organization that discusses risks, harms, and rewards of working online.
- FTC Kids Online - Federal Trade Commission website that offers tip to parents on guiding children through online risks
In addition to the Internet filtering and monitoring setup on district iPads, the following resources are available to assist families in restricting Internet content on personal devices connecting to your home Internet.
- Web Filtering with OpenDNS - A tutorial for families that wish to customize their home Internet filtering options.
- App Filtering with Jamf Parent - A tutorial for families that wish to limit/restrict their students iPad usage outside of the school day.
- Setting Up Parental Controls for Xfinity Internet - Solution for Xfinity customers to filter their home Internet.