The following resources are available to assist families in restricting iPad usage while outside of the school districts network. These resources are not intended to take the place of supervising students during the use of district issued technology.
- Web Filtering with OpenDNS - A tutorial for families that wish to customize their home Internet filtering options.
- App Filtering with Jamf Parent - A tutorial for families that wish to limit app usage outside of the school day.
- Setting Up Parental Controls for Xfinity Internet - Solution for Xfinity customers to filter their home Internet.
The links below can be used as a resource for families to establish technology rules and expectations while at home.
- ConnectSafely.org - non-profit organization that provides research-based safety news, tips, and advice on tech usage.
- Family Online Safety Institute - non-profit organization that discusses risks, harms, and rewards of working online.
- FTC Kids Online - Federal Trade Commission website that offers tip to parents on guiding children through online risks.